Assessing Risks to Your Employees
Current health and safety legislation hinges on the duty to assess risks to employees or others that may be affected by your operations.
The assessments we produce identify the hazards, associated risks, persons at risk, existing control measures and practical suggestions on additional measures that may be required.
These are based on the workplace and type of tasks you do, equipment in use including plant and machinery, and the type of people you employ (young, old, vulnerable, etc).
Remember, a comprehensive risk assessment can save time and money if used at the design stage of impending change before expensive alterations are identified.
Other common subjects that give rise to an assessment are:
- For General risks, (Management of Health and Safety at Work Regulations)
- Where exposure to substances may cause damage to health (Control of Substances Hazardous to Health Regulations)
- At workstations where VDUs are used (Health and Safety (Display Screen Equipment) Regulations)
- Where hazardous lifting or carrying tasks are undertaken (Manual Handling Operations Regulations)
- In noisy environments which could cause damage to hearing (Noise at Work Regulations)
How we can help?
We can arrange for a qualified safety practitioner to carry out risk assessments on your behalf. Our assessment may take the form of a general risk review, or may involve a more detailed analysis of a specific hazard.
All assessments must be reviewed from time-to-time, to ensure that they remain valid.
For this reason we positively encourage you to nominate a "shadow assessor" to accompany our consultant for part of the exercise. Your nominee will pick up sufficient basic understanding to confidently deal with many of the issues that could arise in the future. As an alternative we can, if you prefer, carry out periodical reviews on your behalf.
Please contact us for more information about Risk Assessments.